We specialize in surfing local surf breaks close to Diamond Head and away from the crowds in Waikiki. Our surf lessons emphasize safety, water conditions, and the art of catching waves.
- 2 hour private lesson Membership saves $$$
- 1 person
- 2 people
Learn to Kiteboard
We began teaching kiteboarding at Kailua beach 20 years ago and remain the only school to continue providing expert knowledge and safety required by our certified school and Insurance.
Our lifeguard, CPR/first aid certified instructors are the most highly trained, combined with our quality name brand kites like Cabrinha, Slingshot and North Kiteboarding.
• Entry Level: No experience needed. Must be able to swim.
• Location: Kailua Beach
• Description: The best way to discover kitesurfing!
In the first part of this lesson, you will learn about safety and wind theory. You will be taken though the steps of equipment set-up, launching, and landing. Then you will go through the steps of piloting a 4 line modern kite and body dragging in the water. Finally, upon mastering these skills, you will be ready to move to the next step, getting up on the board and riding.
Typically a 1.5 hour lesson will not touch the board. Normally a 3 hour may try the board at the end of the lesson but realistically this takes at least 6 hours to be on the board.
Only the latest new equipment is provided from solid brands like Cabrinha, Slingshot and Liquid force. Helmets and lifejackets are required by insurance standards.
Intermediate Kiteboarder Program
- Entry Level:Level 1 or equivalent skill level.
- Location: Kailua Beach
- Description: During the course, you will improve kite piloting with power, one handed kite piloting, body dragging always in your harness. You will also be perfecting your water relaunching techniques. By the end of the intermediate lesson program, you will be riding the board longer with more ease. All the latest equipment is provided from solid brands like Cabrinha, Slingshot and Liquid force. Helmets and lifejackets are required by insurance standards.
Independent Kiteboarder Program
- Entry Level: Level 2 or equivalent skill level
- Location: Kailua Beach
- Description: You want to be able to ride upwind and do your first jump!
During the lesson, you will learn how to manage your practice area and to choose your equipment.
Your kite flying skills will be improved and you will learn how to control your direction and power, and come back to your starting point.
You will feel more comfortable and be able to fly more powerful kites. You can use a smaller twin tip board to ride with the additional power.
All of the latest equipment is provided from solid brands like Cabrinha, Slingshot and Liquid force.
Helmets and lifejackets are required by insurance standards.
Kitesurfing is the new thrill on the water. Simple safety guidelines make it safe and easy for all students to learn the fastest growing sport around.
Kiteboarding lessons will give you the skills necessary to ride the board. With more power and more control it will become easy to stay up on the board. Some more fine tuning and edging will keep you upwind and back to the beach where you began. Your first Kitesurfing lesson will teach you how to control the kite though different points of sail, including using a harness, and body dragging in the water. Safety is our priority.
Our kitesurfing lesson programs will allow you to learn the way you want to, by respecting your progression rhythm and allowing you to find a lesson best adapted to you. You can choose different time formats, from one hour up to several days. There is neither age limit nor prerequisite apart from being able to swim and enjoy spending time in the water.
We use the latest technology in two-way radios from Bb Talkin’ to maximize your learning experience.